Suitcase containing $600,000 seized in PanamaAugust 2nd, 2011 - 11:20 am ICT by IANS
Panama City, Aug 2 (IANS/EFE) Drug enforcement agents seized a suitcase containing $600,000 in cash at Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport that apparently belonged to drug traffickers, officials said.
The suitcase arrived on a private plane from Honduras last Friday and was not claimed at an airport warehouse.
“The suitcase has not been claimed by anybody and it is presumed that its owner was arrested in Honduras with other associates on charges of laundering assets and capital from drug trafficking,” the National Police said in a statement.
“At this time, Panamanian authorities are making international police contacts with Honduran authorities in an effort to expand the investigation into this important find,” the National Police said.
- Impounded plane stolen in Colombia - Jun 12, 2012
- 2,900 kg of cocaine seized in Panama - Jan 25, 2011
- 19 soldiers implicated in plane theft in Honduras - Nov 07, 2010
- 3 tonnes of cocaine seized in Panama - Sep 25, 2010
- Honduran police find burnt aircraft - Dec 20, 2011
- US Coast Guard seizes ship with 3.5 tonnes cocaine - Aug 06, 2010
- 24 die after drinking hooch in Honduras - Jul 11, 2012
- Police seize 460 kg of cocaine in Honduras - Oct 08, 2010
- 160,000 illegal drug tablets seized in Guatemala - Feb 23, 2010
- Suspect in slaying of Argentine singer nabbed - Mar 14, 2012
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011
- Assailants kill two wounded men at Honduran hospital - Sep 15, 2011
- Phony news crew smuggles $9.2 mn into Nicaragua - Aug 28, 2012
- It's official: Guatemala now a drug-producing country - Aug 16, 2012
- One killed as drug plane makes forced landing in Honduras - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: assets, aug 2, drug enforcement, drug traffickers, drug trafficking, efe, honduran authorities, honduras, international police, last friday, national police, panama city, private plane, suitcase, tocumen international airport