Suit against army chief shifted to another judgeMay 7th, 2012 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) A Delhi court Monday transferred the defamation case filed by Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh against Army chief Gen. V.K. Singh to another judge for hearing.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Amit Bansal transferred the case to Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Jay Thareja from MM Sudesh Kumar.
The case file was sent to Bansal by Sudesh Kumar, who decided Saturday not to hear the case any further.
Sudesh Kumar requested the higher court to consider shifting the case to another court, saying that the complainant had lost confidence in his court.
Bansal directed Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh to appear before Thareja on Tuesday.
Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh’s counsel Anil Kumar Aggarwal told the court that he never lost confidence in the court.
Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh, in his petition, requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statement against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, the retired army officer in his complaint has also named army vice chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General, Military Intelligence, Lt. Gen. B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General of Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information staff officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Court defers hearing against army chief - May 08, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Second Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Defamation case: V.K. Singh, four officers get bail - Jul 20, 2012
- Court order May 18 on defamation case against army chief (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Court order on plea against army chief April 26 - Apr 21, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court reserves order on further probe in case against army chief - May 25, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Court to rule on summoning of army chief May 5 - Apr 26, 2012
- Army ex-chief faces court, granted bail in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Former army chief opposes plea to cancel his bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Court takes cognisance of Tejinder Singh's defamation case (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: aggarwal, army chief, army officer, bansal, bribery, case file, complainant, defamation case, delhi court, directorate general, false charges, magistrate, military intelligence, position power, public information staff, sawhney, staff officer, sudesh kumar, tejinder singh, vice chief