Suicide note on thigh lands husband in jailFebruary 22nd, 2010 - 1:23 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 22 (IANS) It was considered a case of suicide due to depression when 35-year-old Aruna Srivastava was found hanging from a ceiling fan in her house here four days back. But now her husband has been arrested after a suicide note was found written on her thigh.
Aruna’s husband Subhash Chander was arrested late Sunday and has been booked, along with his alleged girlfriend and Aruna’s brothers, for abetment to suicide, a police official said Monday.
According to the police, Aruna was found hanging in her home in Sector 41 by her 11-year-old son Ujjwal Feb 18 when he returned from school. The boy even cut the rope in a failed bid to save his mother.
At that time, police did not find any suicide note and during questioning, her husband Chander, who was out of town that day, told the police that Aruna was under depression.
But after the post-mortem examination, doctors revealed that a suicide note was written on Aruna’s left thigh, the official said.
In the note, Aruna had written that her husband Chander, his girlfriend Babita and her brothers Pappu and Anil are responsible for her suicide. Babita and her brothers live in Allahabad, police said.
“On the complaint of Aruna’s father Ashwani Kumar, we have booked all the four for abetting Aruna’s suicide. Chander has been arrested and now we are trying to nab the other accused,” said Janak Rana, the investigating officer of the case.
Chander is a Punjab government employee and his family had shifted here from Allahabad two years ago.
While searching Aruna’s house, police also recovered some photographs showing injury marks on different parts of the body.
Aruna’s family members claim these are Aruna’s photographs that she had kept as proof against Chander.
“We are still trying to verify the authenticity of these photographs,” Rana said.
- Suicide note on thigh lands husband in jail (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Feb 22, 2010
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kanda's anticipatory bail plea (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda's kin detained - Aug 11, 2012
- Suicide notes written on day of Geetika's death: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda - Aug 17, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: abetment, alleged girlfriend, anil, aruna srivastava, ashwani, authenticity, babita, ceiling fan, chander, family members, government employee, mortem examination, pappu, police official, post mortem, punjab government, rope, subhash, suicide note, time police