Suicide car bombing kills 3, wounds 4 in S. AfghanistanNovember 21st, 2008 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Nov 21 (Xinhua) A suicide car bombing targeting a base of the Afghan National Army (ANA) killed three civilians and wounded four soldiers in the southern Afghan province of Zabul Friday.”The bombing occurred at around 1.30 p.m. (0900 GMT) when the suicide bomber drove a truck laden with explosives and blew up the vehicle at the gate of the Afghan military base in Shah Joy district, leaving three civilians dead and four ANA soldiers wounded,” deputy governor Ghulab Shah Alikhi said.
“Those three dead were logistic employees for the base,” he added.
Meanwhile, Qari Yusuf Ahmadi, the purported Taliban spokesman, claimed responsibility for the attack, claiming that 24 soldiers were killed and more than 17 injured.
Spiralling conflicts and insurgency have claimed the lives of over 5,000 people - more than 1,500 of them civilians - till date this year in the country.
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012
- Four U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash - Apr 21, 2012
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- Eight US soldiers among 25 killed in Afghanistan - Jul 14, 2010
- Ten troops killed in bloody day for ISAF in Afghanistan - Jun 08, 2010
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber kills NATO troops, children near market - May 21, 2012
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- NATO helicopter crashes in southern Afghanistan, killing 11 - Aug 17, 2012
- 10 killed after suicide bombers storm police station in southeastern Afghanistan - May 22, 2011
- Afghan president's half-brother killed by bodyguard (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- 23 militants killed in Kandahar - May 08, 2011
- 25 killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan, BBC reporter dead (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Thousands attend funeral of Karzai's half-brother - Jul 13, 2011
- Insurgents attack animal clinic near UN offices in southern Afghanistan - Oct 31, 2011