Suicide bomb attack kills eight in AfghanistanDecember 1st, 2008 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Dec 1 (Xinhua) A suicide bomb attack on a police vehicle in southern Afghan province of Helmand Monday killed eight civilians and two policemen, the police said.The powerful blast took place in a busy market in Musa Qala town when a suicide bomber blew himself up near a police van, province’s police chief Asadullah Sherzad told reporters.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
Taliban-led anti-government insurgents have stepped up their attacks making 2008 the deadliest year in Afghanistan since the militant outfit was removed from power in a US-led military invasion in late 2001.
- 18 dead in Afghan suicide bombings - Apr 10, 2012
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- Bloodshed at picnic: 17 Afghan civilians killed by Taliban - Aug 27, 2012
- 22 Taliban, five cops killed in Afghan attack - Jul 08, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 11 militants killed in Afghanistan - Mar 06, 2011
- 10 killed in Afghan roadside bombing - Dec 29, 2011
- 10 policemen killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 28, 2012
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Afghan education minister survives assassination bid - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- 20 killed as suicide bomber targets funeral in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Parliamentarian among 20 killed in Afghanistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Russian embassy escaped Taliban attack in Afghanistan - Apr 16, 2012