Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead)December 24th, 2011 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 24 (IANS) Nine Pakistani paramilitary troopers were killed Saturday when a suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden car into their office building in northwest Pakistan, police said.
Seventeen others were injured in the attack at the Frontier Corps’ office in Bannu town of Khyber Pakhtonkhwa province, Geo TV reported.
The bomber drove his vehicle packed with explosives into the main office of Tochi Scouts next to Kohat road in Bannu.
The explosion damaged the office building and destroyed a check post near it.
The injured were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital in the city.
The Frontiers Corps’ troopers are deployed in the North Waziristan district, bordering Afghanistan.
Media reports had earlier put the toll at five.
A preliminary probe revealed that at least 200 kg of explosives were used in the blast. No organisation has claimed the responsibility for the blast yet.
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- Seven dead in Peshawar blast - Feb 12, 2012
- Suicide blast in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Jan 12, 2011
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Five killed in suicide blast in Pakistan - Mar 24, 2011
- Three killed in another blast in Pakistan - Jan 13, 2011
- 20 killed in blast outside Pakistan police station (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Pakistan car blast kills trooper; eight injured (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- 10 die in Pakistan blast - Jan 17, 2011
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Four police officers killed as militants target police vehicle, security checkpoint in Pak - Jan 13, 2011
- Blasts rock Pakistan, 11 killed - Sep 18, 2012
- Two Americans killed in Peshawar suicide bombing (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 640 Pakistanis died in 37 suicide attacks this year - Nov 29, 2010