Suicide attack kills six in AfghanistanSeptember 6th, 2008 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Sep 6 (Xinhua) A suicide attack on a government office in southwest Afghanistan’s Nimruz province Saturday killed six people, including the attorney of the province, the police said. “We have recovered six bodies including the body of Mohammad Anwar Shah Khan, the attorney general of the National Security Directorate of the province,” provincial police chief Mohammad Ayub Badakhshi told reporters.
All six killed were employees of the intelligence service and Shah Khan’s son was also among the dead , he added.
Police said a man with explosives strapped to his body entered the attorney’s office and blew himself up.
Taliban spokesman Qari Yusuf Ahmadi claimed responsibility for the attack, saying a Taliban fighter from Helmand province carried it out.
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- 25 killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan, BBC reporter dead (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- Two kids killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 12, 2012
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- 20 blasts rocks Afghanistan, 16 injured - May 07, 2011
- Afghan police officer, two guards killed in bomb blast - Aug 01, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills police chief in southern Afghanistan - Nov 08, 2011
- 18 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 20, 2012
- Six NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan - Aug 11, 2012
- Four killed, 31 hurt in Afghan car bombing (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- 22 Taliban, five cops killed in Afghan attack - Jul 08, 2012
- 10 killed in Afghan roadside bombing - Dec 29, 2011