Subhas Bhowmick returns as East Bengal coachDecember 24th, 2008 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 24 (IANS) Subhas Bhowmick Wednesday returned as coach of East Bengal replacing Stanley Rozario, who was sacked after the club bowed out of the Federation Cup in the semi-final stage.Bhowmick, who guided East Bengal to back-to-back National Football League titles besides the Asean Cup triumph in 2003, had to leave the job after he was caught accepting bribe in December 2005 in his capacity as an officer of the anti-evasion department of the Central Excise. The matter is still sub-judice.
“Subhas Bhowmick will be our coach. Under his guidance, we hope to return to our glorious ways,” East Bengal president Pranab Dasgupta told reporters at the club tent.
Bhowmick has been appointment for the rest of the season when the club will play in the second phase of the I-League and the IFA Shield.
Dasgupta said the club would part ways with Rozario in a dignified way. “We will hold discussions with him and allow him to exit gracefully.”
He said that goalkeeper-coach Debasish Mukherjee had already put in his papers.
Asked what would be the club’s stand if Bhowmick was found guilty in the bribery case, Dasgupta replied: “We don’t know anything about it. He left as our coach citing personal problems. We are not thinking about this.”
- Mohun Bagan appoints Bhowmick as technical director - Dec 14, 2010
- Bhowmick takes over as Mohun Bagan technical director - Dec 15, 2010
- Subhas Bhowmick resigns as East Bengal coach - Oct 26, 2009
- East Bengal have task cut out against Al Orouba - Mar 05, 2012
- I-League: Churchill Brothers looking to finish second - May 05, 2012
- Pune FC geared up to face Pailan Arrows in IFA Shield - Mar 03, 2012
- I-League: Churchill look to close gap on Dempo - Apr 10, 2012
- Churchill hope to continue impressive run against Chirag Kerala - Apr 03, 2012
- I-League: Churchill Brothers face Prayag United - Mar 31, 2012
- Pune FC sign defender Ralte - Jul 30, 2012
- Bhowmick targets all-win record in second half of I-League - Dec 27, 2008
- Tamil Nadu gear up for Manipur Challenge in Santosh Trophy semis - May 25, 2012
- AIFF allows I-League clubs to register four overseas players - Jul 14, 2011
- East Bengal official blames coach for Durand Cup debacle - Sep 17, 2009
- I-League clubs agree to release players for Caribbean tour - Aug 08, 2011