Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Second Lead)April 7th, 2012 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, April 7 (IANS) A stuntman rappelling down a 60-foot building plunged to his death as people watched in horror while at the same time another stunt went wrong when a jeep carrying Bollywood actress Sayali Bhagat turned turtle during a mall inaugural event in Greater Noida Saturday.
According to police, the accidents occurred at the Great Adventure Mall situated opposite Gautam Buddha University in Greater Noida, near the national capital.
In keeping with the name of the mall, its promoters, EMR Infrastructure had planned some special stunt events on the opening day.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai was the chief guest at the inauguration, but he left after inaugurating the mall.
The stunt events began after the inauguration programme was over.
In the first incident, stuntman Shailendra Singh Bisht, 30, was rappelling down the glass-walled mall when he lost his grip on the rope after crossing more than half way to the bottom and fell to his death.
“When Shailendra was enacting the stunt, he lost his grip on the rope and fell to the ground. He was rushed to a local hospital, where he was declared brought dead. Simultaneously another stunt was also being enacted on a jeep being driven by Sayali Bhagat. The jeep turned turtle during the show due to which Sayali Bhagat sustained a fracture of her right arm,” said Gajendra Singh, spokesperson for the SSP (Gautam Budh Nagar).
Senior police officials, including the SP of Greater Noida, were supervising the investigations.
- Stuntman killed, actress injured in Greater Noida mall (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Stuntman's death: Police case registered, no arrest - Apr 08, 2012
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- Noida circle rates may be hiked - Nov 01, 2011
- Big B unveils first look of 'This Weekend' - Sep 14, 2011
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Top cops transferred in Uttar Pradesh - May 15, 2011
- Motorsports: MRF launches Formula 2000 car - Aug 24, 2012
- High court quashes Greater Noida land acquisition - Jul 19, 2011
- Cold wave shuts schools in Noida - Dec 29, 2010
- Farmers stir turns violent, top official shot (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Finally, covers go off Mayawati statues (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- BJP calls shutdown in Greater Noida, other areas - May 10, 2011
- Farmers clash with police in Uttar Pradesh, official injured - May 07, 2011
Tags: bisht, chief guest, fracture, gajendra singh, gautam buddha, gautam budh, great adventure, inaugural event, inauguration, local hospital, opening day, police officials, rappelling, right arm, sahai, sayali bhagat, shailendra singh, stuntman, subodh, tourism minister