Stuntman killed, actress injured in Greater Noida mall (Lead)April 7th, 2012 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, April 7 (IANS) A stuntman was killed and Bollywood actress Sayali Bhagat injured in two separate accidents Saturday at a mall in Greater Noida, which was inaugurated only a short while earlier.
According to police, the accidents occurred at the Great Adventure Mall situated opposite Gautam Buddha University in Greater Noida, near the national capital.
The mall was inaugurated Saturday. The promoters of the mall, EMR Infrastructure had invited Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai as the chief guest at the inauguration. After inaugurating the adventure mall, the union minister left the venue for Delhi.
Meanwhile, the mall promoters had arranged for special stunts to be performed on the occasion.
In the first incident, a stuntman Shailendra Singh Bisht (30) lost his grip over a rope on which he was enacting a stunt at a height of about 60 feet from the ground.
“When Shailendra was enacting the stunt, he lost his grip over the rope due to which he fell to the ground. He was rushed to a local hospital, where he was declared brought dead. Simultaneously another stunt was also being enacted on a jeep in which Sayali Bhagat was driving. The jeep turned turtle during the show due to which Sayali Bhagat sustained a fracture of her right arm,” said Gajendra Singh, spokesperson for the SSP (Gautam Budh Nagar).
Senior police officials, including the SP of Greater Noida, were supervising the investigations.
- Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Stuntman's death: Police case registered, no arrest - Apr 08, 2012
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- Weekend tourists drive adventure tourism in India (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- BJP calls shutdown in Greater Noida, other areas - May 10, 2011
- Big B unveils first look of 'This Weekend' - Sep 14, 2011
- Noida circle rates may be hiked - Nov 01, 2011
- Farmers clash with police in Uttar Pradesh, official injured - May 07, 2011
- Top cops transferred in Uttar Pradesh - May 15, 2011
- Cold wave shuts schools in Noida - Dec 29, 2010
- High court quashes Greater Noida land acquisition - Jul 19, 2011
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Girl gang raped in basement of Ghaziabad mall - May 04, 2012
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: bisht, chief guest, fracture, gajendra singh, gautam buddha, gautam budh, great adventure, greater noida, inauguration, local hospital, police officials, promoters, right arm, sahai, sayali bhagat, spokesperson, stuntman, subodh, tourism minister, union minister