Students paint nuclear holocaustJuly 29th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, July 29 (IANS) Students from nine districts of Uttar Pradesh have painted the horrors of wars at an event organised by the Mangalayatan University here as part of a global effort to create a Guinness record.
The paintings are in memory of the victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear holocaust. The winners’ paintings will be put up at the Hiroshima Peace Museum in Japan Aug 6, a university official said.
Students from Aligarh, Agra, Hathras, Mathura, Merrut, Bulandshahar, Unnao, Sultanpur, Kasganj and Firozabad took part in the contest.
- Hanuman Jayanti celebrated in Agra - Apr 06, 2012
- Agra lawyers to step up stir for high court bench - Jan 06, 2012
- Support to Anna swells in Agra - Apr 08, 2011
- Today is the 66th anniversary of the Atomic bombing event in Nagasaki, Japan - Aug 09, 2011
- Fog claims 15 lives in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 24, 2011
- Commemorating Hiroshima Day with peace march - Aug 05, 2010
- Brisk start to sixth phase of UP polls - Feb 28, 2012
- Hiroshima, Nagasaki bomb victims remembered - Aug 06, 2012
- UN chief meets atomic-bomb victims in Nagasaki - Aug 05, 2010
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway to be ready later this year: Official - Apr 26, 2011
- 27 more UP districts declared drought-hit - Jul 26, 2009
- Demand for separate 'Braj Pradesh' gains momentum - Dec 26, 2009
- Agra growers in distress as potato goes cheap - Sep 13, 2011
- Shutdown disrupts life across UP, train services disrupted - May 31, 2012