Students kill coaching institute ownerAugust 2nd, 2012 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 2 (IANS) The owner of a private coaching institute was shot dead Thursday by his students over a dispute related to fees in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh district, police said.
Shekhar, 35, was shot dead in Ravankila area, over 300 km from here. Twelve people have been booked.
The victim forcibly took possession of some students’ books to force them to pay the fees of Rs.2,000, police said.
After an argument, the students pelted stones at his house and fired at him killing him on the spot, Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia told IANS.
After shooting Shekar, the accused threw acid on his brother Ajay and mother Nandita, police said.
A police complaint has been registered against students Akash, Ravindra and 10 others.
- One dead, many injured in Delhi violence (Roundup) - Sep 03, 2012
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- East Delhi violence under control - Sep 03, 2012
- Mob sets police booth, many vehicles afire in Delhi (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Student killed in group clash; 12 booked - Jul 08, 2011
- East Delhi situation under control, 22 detained (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 26 hurt in acid attack in Tripura, one held - May 29, 2011
- Three get life term for killing Aligarh student - Apr 21, 2011
- Students go on rampage in Aligarh - Dec 07, 2011
- Man shot dead by colleague - Jun 26, 2011
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Police booth, bus set afire in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Man kills wife, commits suicide over extra-marital affair - Aug 11, 2012