Students injured after crackers explode inside classroom

November 2nd, 2010 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS  

Lucknow, Nov 2 (IANS) Seven students of a convent school in Bareilly district of Uttar Pradesh were injured Tuesday when crackers hidden inside the switchboard of their classroom exploded, police said.

“Preliminary investigations have revealed that some students of the class had hidden the crackers inside the switchboard as a prank. The firecrackers exploded following an electrical short circuit in the board,” police inspector S.R. Saroj told reporters.

The incident occurred in the fourth standard classroom of St. Francis School in Baradari area of the district, some 250 km from Lucknow.

The seven students are out of danger, though one of them was injured seriously.

“All the students have now been discharged from hospital,” Saroj said, adding that the incident could have been serious if more powerful crackers had been used.

Related Stories

Posted in Uncategorized |

Subscribe