Students commemorate Vande Mataram’s 105th anniversarySeptember 8th, 2010 - 12:21 am ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Sep 7 (IANS) More than 40,000 students from 120 schools gathered at a stadium in this Maharashtra city to celebrate the 105th anniversary of India’s national song ‘Vande Matraram here Tuesday.
The event was jointly organised by the education department of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) and an NGO Maitree Parivar.
Present at the occasion were Mayor Archana Dehankar and Joint Commissioner of Police Anoop Singh amongst others.
“On the 105th anniversary of our national song, it is a pleasure to hear the song from children of the city,” Dehankar said.
The students also sang songs to celebrate the golden jubilee of the formation of Maharashtra.
“Apart from singing Vande Mataram, students also lined up to form a map of India, in the colours of our national flag,” said Pramod Penke, a member of the NGO.
- Nagpur students sing 'Vande Mataram' on its 105th anniversary - Sep 07, 2010
- Coaching terminal at Naihati to mark Bankim Chandra's 175th birth anniversary - Mar 14, 2012
- India was undecided about national anthem at Independence - Sep 01, 2012
- People celebrate Mahatama Gandhi's birthday in Gujarat, Maharashtra - Oct 02, 2010
- Thousands march in Mumbai for Hazare - Aug 21, 2011
- Now Gita lessons in Madhya Pradesh schools - Jul 01, 2011
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- India's national anthem completes a century (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Remove Tripura minister equating Vande Mataram with dogs: Congress - Jun 14, 2011
- Tamil Nadu students dress up as Gandhi to spread peace, non-violence - Jun 17, 2010
- Shillong choir to kick off Christmas festivities - Dec 10, 2011
- 'Vande mataram' not un-Islamic, say two Muslim groups - Nov 05, 2009
- Mika recreates 'Vande Mataram' his way! (With Images) - Aug 07, 2012
- 2,010 schools kids captivate at CWG closing - Oct 14, 2010
- Flag hoisting, anti-graft parades mark Independence Day in US - Aug 16, 2011