Students arrested for killing old coupleNovember 8th, 2011 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 8 (IANS) Three students have been arrested for allegedly murdering the retired principal of a government polytechnic institute and his wife with sharp edged weapons in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district, police said Tuesday.
Varun Kumar, Ajai Singh and Aalam, all about 20 years old, were arrested Monday. The three are accused of killing retired principal J.P. Mishra (65) and his wife Lakshmi (63) on Oct 30 at their residence in Qidwai Nagar, about 80 km from here. They also fled with the valuables in the house.
While Varun Kumar is a third year student of automobile engineering at the Rajkiya Polytechnic in Kanpur, Ajai Singh and Aalam are in the third year of the Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) course in different private engineering colleges.
All the three used to take tuition from Mishra at his residence.
“We became suspicious only after a neighbour of Mishra told us that he had spotted the three moving suspiciously near the couple’s house a day before they were murdered, and that the students ran away after noticing him,” police spokesperson Anurag Tiwari told reporters.
“When we interrogated the students, they admitted to have killed the couple with sharp-edged razors and a kitchen knife. Cash, mobile phones and other valuable items looted have been recovered from the three students,” he added.
- University employee, wife murdered in Kanpur campus - Jul 29, 2010
- Fear grips Ranchi college after girl student's murder - Apr 28, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2011
- Tutor kills girl, brother - Jan 25, 2012
- Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana - Jul 11, 2011
- Woman doctor, priest get life for judge's murder - Mar 30, 2012
- Family of three killed in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 23, 2010
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Retired banker found murdered in Kanpur - Apr 16, 2011
- Man murdered outside house in Delhi - Jun 23, 2012
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Aspiring engineer shot dead by two students - Dec 02, 2011
- Man convicted for beheading Ranchi woman - Apr 26, 2012
- Two held for murder of Rebecca John's mother (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman, two sons murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: automobile engineering, bachelor of computer application, bachelor of computer application bca, district police, edged weapons, engineering colleges, kanpur, kitchen knife, kumar ajai, mishra, neighbour, oct 30, old couple, police spokesperson, polytechnic institute, private engineering, razors, uttar pradesh, valuables, varun