Student thrashed by colleagues at private collegeSeptember 10th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Sep 10 (IANS) A second year B.Tech student was thrashed and injured and his cousin allegedly ragged by two students of a private college in Greater Noida, police said Saturday.
Tej Pratap Singh, B.Tech second year student of Sharda University, was thrashed by two students of the same college Friday. He was admitted to hospital with injuries.
He was beaten up by the two students when he intervened in the ragging of his cousin Rahul Singh, studying in first year B.Sc (Mass Communication).
On his complaint, a case was registered for voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means at Kasna police station.
Senior Superintendent of Police Jyoti Narain said: “We have registered a case and are investigating the matter. The two students are absconding. We are making efforts to arrest them.”
Tej Pratap and his cousin Rahul stay with their families in Greater Noida. The families of the two hail from Jalaun district in Uttar Pradesh.
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Student ragging, murder: Two varsity officials face case - Jul 02, 2012
- Five students booked for ragging in Rajasthan - Sep 30, 2011
- Two engineering students held for vehicle thefts - Jan 13, 2011
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Girl student dies; father alleges ragging - Sep 10, 2011
- Student found dead in Noida college - Aug 19, 2010
- CBI probe demanded into engineering fresher's death - Sep 12, 2011
- Aspiring engineer shot dead by two students - Dec 02, 2011
- IIT-Kanpur alumni heading city's administration, police - Mar 23, 2012
- Professor shot, robbed of car in Greater Noida - Feb 14, 2010
- Kanpur engineering student ragged, hospitalised - Aug 30, 2010
- Teacher thrashed by four students in Greater Noida - Apr 06, 2010
- One student killed, 3 injured in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 08, 2011
- Engineering student attempts suicide after ragging - Sep 07, 2010