Student shot at in Uttar Pradesh instituteAugust 5th, 2011 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Allahabad, Aug 5 (IANS) A student of the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) here was shot at and seriously injured by unidentified assailants inside its premises, police said Friday. The attackers escaped and are untraced.
Pawan Reddy was shot by two attackers near his hostel late Thursday. The seriously wounded student is undergoing treatment at the Jeevan Jyoti Hospital here.
“We are yet to ascertain the reason behind the attack on the student who has suffered bullet injuries in his stomach. His condition is stated to be serious,” police inspector Rajiv Tiwari told reporters in Allahabad, 200 km from Lucknow.
Reddy is a native of Andhra Pradesh and is pursuing M.Tech from the institute in Dhoomanganj locality of the city.
- Aspiring engineer shot dead by two students - Dec 02, 2011
- IIT-Madras student found dead in hostel room - Sep 01, 2011
- Congress leader shot in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 16, 2010
- Two school boys stabbed by juniors - Aug 04, 2011
- Municipal poll contestant shot in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 19, 2012
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi faces protests in Allahabad - Jan 10, 2011
- Vice principal shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 15, 2010
- Institute withdraws punishment after senior girls apologize for ragging - Jul 30, 2009
- Lawyer shot at outside home - Nov 26, 2010
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Journalist shot, succumbs in hospital - Aug 05, 2011
- BSP leader killed in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 11, 2010
- Policeman, home guard fired upon, weapons looted - Oct 15, 2011
- IIT-Kanpur alumni heading city's administration, police - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: allahabad, attackers, iiit, indian institute of information technology, jeevan jyoti hospital, locality, police inspector, premises, rajiv, stomach, undergoing treatment, unidentified assailants, uttar pradesh