Student run over by trainJanuary 29th, 2012 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 29 (IANS) A Delhi government school’s Class 9 student, sporting mobile phone ear plugs, was crushed to death by a train near Sahibabad railway station in Ghaziabad Saturday, said sources in Government Railway Police (GRP).
Kaushlendra Pal, 16, a student of a school near Minto Bridge in central Delhi, was killed after a train ran over him in the afternoon, said a source.
He was walking from his home in Sahibabad village towards the Sahibabad railway station when he put on his ear plugs and started talking to a friend on his mobile phone.
He could not hear the Garibrath Express approaching him. The train, heading towards Anand Vihar in Delhi from Kolkata, knocked him down and crushed him.
The student, who attended evening shift classes in the school, died on way to hospital.
“No complaint has been given by the boy’s family so far. We shall register a case on our own,” a GRP official said.
- Caution! Walking with headphones could kill - Jan 30, 2012
- Woman doctor kills herself over failed affair - Dec 05, 2011
- Rapist tuition teacher arrested in Ghaziabad - Mar 19, 2012
- Glued to earplugs, two students crushed by train - Dec 01, 2011
- Chennai man collapses, dies at Ghaziabad railway station - Oct 16, 2010
- Robbers kill passenger aboard train - Feb 04, 2010
- Minor raped, thrown on rail line - Feb 25, 2012
- School boy crushed to death by train - Dec 18, 2011
- Two labourers run over by train - Apr 26, 2012
- Two railway officials crushed by train - Oct 20, 2011
- Photojournalist run over by train - Dec 30, 2009
- Class four student run over in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Soldiers thrash policemen in Kathua - Sep 11, 2012
- Four women killed after being hit by train - Nov 10, 2011
- Aarushi case: Plea for adding glove as evidence - Mar 04, 2011