Student rescued from abductors in MumbaiMarch 5th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) The Mumbai police Wednesday rescued an 18-year-old student from the clutches of her kidnappers, an hour after she was abducted outside an examination centre here. Himani Multani, was stepping out of the MMK College in Mumbai’s posh western suburb Bandra after appearing for a paper during the ongoing higher secondary exams.
Suddenly she was accosted by at least three men who caught her and pushed her into a waiting car outside the campus.
“The girl was pushed into a Hyundai Santro, which was parked outside the college gate since morning,” MMK College Principal Ashok Vanjani told IANS.
The principal said that Multani was not a student of the college.
Bandra police issued a wireless alert all over the city, minutes after the college authorities were informed about the incident.
Almost an hour later a car fitting the description was spotted and intercepted at Dahisar check post as it was about leave the city.
Policemen at the check post rescued the kidnapped student and arrested the three alleged abductors who were in the car, a police inspector from Dahisar police station told IANS.
Official sources said the victim knew one of the alleged kidnappers.
- Kidnapped girl freed in Bengal, abductor held - May 14, 2012
- Police rescue kidnapped father of PM's security officer - Feb 11, 2011
- Abductors demand Rs.20 lakh to release Bihar student - Jun 30, 2012
- Kidnapped boy rescued in Haryana, abductor injured - Feb 11, 2011
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Kidnapped Delhi toddler rescued, four arrested (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Depressed businessman commits suicide - Dec 15, 2011
- Fear grips Ranchi college after girl student's murder - Apr 28, 2011
- Gang demands Rs.50 lakh for abducted student - Jul 26, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Police rescue 2 siblings kidnapped in Gurgaon - Feb 02, 2010
- Tension in Chandigarh after kidnapped boy found dead (Second lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Protesting Hyundai workers roll out cars on empty stomach - Nov 30, 2011
- Six die in botched Pakistan hostage rescue attempt - Dec 30, 2011