Student, property dealer commit suicides in GhaziabadFebruary 10th, 2009 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 10 (IANS) A student pursuing her bachelor’s degree in hotel management from YWCA in Delhi committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling fan at her house here, the police said.
The police took the body for autopsy and a case was registered, superintendent of police (city) Anant Dev said.
Nitisha (22), daughter of a section officer in the education ministry, committed suicide during night but her family only found it out Tuesday morning.
Her father Avdhesh Joshi said his daughter was a physio therapist and was at present pursuing her degree in hotel management from YWCA in Delhi.
Her mother, who teaches at a local school, said she was shocked to see her daughter hanging from the ceiling fan in her room when she looked through the window as there was no response to her knock on the door.
In another incident, property dealer Manoj Sharma also committed suicide by shooting himself from his licensed pistol. A resident of Niti Khand in Indirapuram locality of Ghaziabad, Manoj shot himself aeound 10 p.m. Monday. He was rushed to local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- Two cop kids commit suicide in Ghaziabad - Oct 06, 2010
- MCA student commits suicide - Sep 10, 2010
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Girl student commits suicide - Sep 09, 2010
- Man hacks his brother to death, hangs himself - Oct 03, 2011
- No arrest yet in Woodland manager's killing - Jul 23, 2012
- Man 'tricks' girlfriend into committing suicide - Apr 18, 2011
- Sick businessman commits suicide - Jan 24, 2012
- Management student commits suicide - Aug 30, 2010
- Man commits suicide over family disputes - Oct 08, 2011
- Girl commits suicide after harassment - May 01, 2010
- Ghaziabad student kills self at home - Dec 29, 2011
- Mother kills daughter, commits suicide - Jul 04, 2011
- Student commits suicide - Feb 05, 2012
- Medical student commits suicide in AIIMS - Mar 04, 2012