Student pierces classmate’s eye with pen in GhaziabadSeptember 16th, 2008 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 16 (IANS) A Class 9 student thrust a pen into his classmate’s eye during a scuffle, causing severe damage that required the teenager to undergo surgery, the victim’s relative said here Tuesday.The incident took place Monday in S.D. Inter College, Ghaziabad.
The victim, Rohit Singh, was taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Delhi as the cornea of his left eye was perforated.
Rohit’s uncle Manoj told reporters that when the class teacher had stepped out of the room, a scuffle took place during which a student, Perler, of Class 9 shoved a pen into Rohit’s left eye.
Rohit was rushed to AIIMS where doctors repaired the cornea through surgery.
Manoj said he plans to lodge a complaint with the police.
- Student attacked by classmate to be discharged Thursday - May 17, 2012
- Schoolboy runs over four students - Sep 05, 2011
- Falak on ventilator again; Main accused, woman arrested (Second Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Notice to Delhi government over schoolboy's injury - Nov 02, 2011
- Student shot after minor scuffle in Delhi - Jul 28, 2010
- 17-day-old baby gets cornea transplant - Dec 27, 2011
- Bengal student kills herself after being punished - Jul 27, 2012
- Minor allegedly raped by her tutor - Sep 10, 2012
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Rare eye surgery performed on arrow-hit Tripura girl (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Rare eye surgery performed on arrow-hit Tripura girl - Jan 16, 2011
- Opthamologists bemoan deterioration in the field - Sep 02, 2012
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Engineering student killed in road accident - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012