Student fails Class 12 maths exam, commits suicideMay 24th, 2009 - 12:27 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 24 (IANS) A student committed suicide after he failed in his Class 12 Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) mathematics examination here, police said Sunday.
Mohammad Tabish Imam, 17, hanged himself Saturday in his Manas path residence here after failing in the exam. He was a student of Shivam Public School.
A police officer said the case is being investigated.
Imam’s father Mohammad Akhtar said: “My son was depressed after failing in mathematics. He, however, got 72 percent over all in the examination.”
A neighbour Sunil Prasad said Imam was a hard working boy and was shocked after failing in mathematics. “Examination failed him in life also,” Prasad said.
- Girl commits suicide after failing in board exams - May 27, 2011
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- Nothing impossible if one is determined: CBSE topper - May 29, 2012
- Two Class 12 girls commit suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Nothing impossible if one is determined: CBSE topper (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Nothing impossible for a determined man: CBSE topper (Second Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Class 10 student commits suicide - Aug 11, 2010
- Court upholds CBSE abolition of Class 10 exams - Sep 01, 2011
- AIIMS students to resume agitation if demands not met - Mar 10, 2012
- CBSE exams start - Mar 01, 2012
- Online engineering entrance exam from next year - Sep 13, 2011
- AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued notice - May 05, 2011
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- CBSE gears up for all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 26, 2012