Student drowns in school swimming pool (Lead)August 29th, 2008 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) An 11-year-old boy drowned in the swimming pool of a prominent public school here Friday evening.According to the police, Mohammad Nadir, a student of the second shift at Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, fell into the pool and died in the evening.
“The body of Mohammad Nadir was discovered lying in the pool of the school at 5.55 p.m. He was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead,” the police said.
“He was studying at DPS, Mathura Road, in the second shift under which poor children are taught,” a senior police official said.
The boy’s father Mohammad Raees had left him at the school around 4 p.m. However, instead of going to the classroom he went near the swimming pool and accidentally slipped into it.
His father is a motor mechanic.
“The body was discovered by the swimming coach of the school. The school authorities then took him to Sahi Hospital in the nearby area where he was declared brought dead,” the police added.
Further investigations are on.
- Student drowned in school swimming pool - Aug 29, 2008
- Student drowns in school swimming pool (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Boy drowns to death in school pool - Aug 16, 2012
- Two killed, including toddler, in accidents - Jan 29, 2011
- Three children drown while playing in pool - May 20, 2011
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Thane schoolgirl drowns in Lonavala school pool - Jun 04, 2012
- Man killed in Delhi - Nov 18, 2011
- Delhi School Basketball League returns for second season - Jul 25, 2011
- Teen drowns in unauthorised swimming pool - Aug 20, 2012
- Delhi policeman's wife commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Policeman killed in road accident - Mar 30, 2012
- 14-year-old commits suicide - Aug 26, 2012