Student dies as school wall collapsesDecember 21st, 2010 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 21 (IANS) A student was killed and five others were injured Tuesday when a wall of a government school collapsed in Hardoi in Uttar Pradesh, officials said.The incident took place at the Bhailamau Junior High School in Bharkhani block where a major portion of the school’s boundary wall collapsed on the students, who were in primary classes.
“The student who died in the incident has been identified as Sonu Kumar. He was a Class 1 student,” the official in-charge of primary education S.R. Nirmal told reporters in Hardoi, some 110 km from Lucknow.
According to police, six-year-old Kumar died while being taken to hospital. Five other students injured in the incident were being treated at the district hospital, where the condition of a girl was stated to be serious.
“The incident took place while the students were playing near the boundary wall. The exact cause behind the wall collapse is yet to be ascertained,” police inspector S.K. Verma told reporters in Hardoi.
“An enquiry has been initiated in this regard. Necessary action would be taken against the school authorities if construction-related anomalies come to fore during the enquiry,” he said.
- Three girls die in Uttar Pradesh school wall collapse - Dec 11, 2010
- Six-year-old girl dies as school gate collapses - Dec 03, 2010
- Six-year-old dies as school van overturns - Aug 05, 2011
- 4 children buried alive as school wall crashes - Feb 07, 2011
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- 13 injured in school room wall collapse - Sep 14, 2011
- 4 children buried alive as school wall collapses (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Over 100 students fall ill after medication at health camp - Dec 14, 2010
- Girl killed as railway boundary wall collapses in Odisha - Jul 30, 2012
- 6 children hurt in UP school roof collapse - May 01, 2012
- Schoolchildren's death: Himachal to conduct surveys - Feb 08, 2011
- 70 schoolkids fall ill after being given iron tablets - Dec 03, 2010
- Three killed in China school wall collapse - May 27, 2010
- 13 injured as classroom ceiling collapses - Sep 13, 2010
- Six wagons of coal-laden goods train derail in UP - Jun 20, 2012