Strong magnitude earthquake rattles TaiwanJune 1st, 2008 - 1:48 pm ICT by admin
Taipei, June 1 (DPA) An earthquake measuring 6.8 on the Richter scale occurred off southeast Taiwan Sunday, but there were no reports of casualties. The quake struck at 9.57 a.m. with its epicenter 296 km southeast of Taitung on the southeast coast of Taiwan.
The location of sthe earthqake was 46.5 km under the seabed.
Taiwan sits on the earthquake belt and most of the tremors occur off Taiwan’s east coast, caused by the friction between the Eurasian and Philippine Plate.
- Quake hits Taiwan - Nov 22, 2010
- Strong quake hits Taiwan - Jun 10, 2012
- 7.6-magnitude quake off central Philippines (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 31, 2012
- Tsunami warning issued after quake hits Japan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 10, 2011
- Strong quake hits off southern Taiwan, no threat - Feb 15, 2011
- 8.8 quake hits Japan, triggers tsunami (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Quake jolts Philippines - Aug 30, 2011
- Second temblor rocks Indonesia - Apr 11, 2012
- Quake hits Taiwan region - Jul 19, 2011
- 7-magnitude quake hits New Zealand - Jul 04, 2012
- 7.2 quake hits Chile, no tsunami threat (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Taiwan shaken by two mild earthquakes - Jun 15, 2008
- Strong quake hits Japan - Mar 27, 2012
- Quake rattles Sumatra, India feels tremors (Third Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Powerful earthquake rocks eastern Greenland - Aug 30, 2012