Strong earthquake rattles northeastern GreeceOctober 14th, 2008 - 10:07 am ICT by IANS
Athens, Oct 14 (DPA) A strong earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale shook north-eastern Greece early Tuesday, but there were no reports of injuries or damage.The underwater quake took place at 5:06 a.m. and had an epicentre northeast of Athens near Halkida and the island of Evia.
Two smaller earthquakes took place a few minutes later.
The earthquake startled people in Athens.
- 5.1 magnitude quake rattles northeastern Greece (Lead) - Oct 14, 2008
- Powerful earthquake rocks eastern Greenland - Aug 30, 2012
- Quake hits Japan - Apr 21, 2011
- Low-intensity quake in northeast - Sep 07, 2012
- 6.4-magnitude earthquake strikes eastern Indonesia - Apr 24, 2010
- Quake rattles Maharashtra - Sep 19, 2011
- Quake rocks northeast India - Nov 21, 2011
- Pakistan feels tremors as quake hits Tajikistan (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Strong quake hits Taiwan - Jun 10, 2012
- Moderate earthquake jolts northeast - Dec 12, 2010
- Earthquake in northeast - Jul 15, 2012
- Quake jolts northeast India - Aug 19, 2012
- Two earthquakes hit northeastern states (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Tsunami warning issued after quake hits Japan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 10, 2011
- Quake hits Indonesia - Jun 23, 2012