Strong earthquake jolts China (Lead)March 9th, 2012 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 9 (IANS) A magnitude-6 temblor hit China’s Uygur Autonomous Region Friday, the China Earthquake Network Centre said.
The temblor, which jolted the Hotan prefecture’s Lop county at 6.50 a.m, had its epicentre in the heart of Taklimakan, China’s largest desert,at a depth of 30 km at 39.4 degrees north latitude and 81.3 degrees east longitude, Xinhua reported.
There were no immediate reports of any casualties, the regional earthquake bureau said.
- Magnitude 6 quake hits China - Mar 09, 2012
- Quake jolts China - Jul 25, 2011
- Strong earthquake hits Vanuatu - Apr 15, 2012
- 6-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu island - Mar 13, 2011
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- Two earthquakes jolt Tibet - Mar 24, 2010
- Magnitude-6 quake hits Japan - Nov 24, 2011
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 01, 2011
- 4.5-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 02, 2011
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- Magnitude 7.2 quake hits Mexico - May 02, 2012
- 6 magnitude quake jolts Japan - Mar 15, 2011
- Quake hits Argentina - Oct 07, 2011
- Earthquake hits Japan - Mar 01, 2012
- Strong quake hits Japan (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: autonomous region, beijing, casualties, china earthquake, earthquake jolts, east longitude, epicentre, heart, hotan, largest desert, magnitude, north latitude, prefecture, regional earthquake, taklimakan, temblor, xinhua