Strip-search of girls leads to principal’s suspensionMay 7th, 2008 - 1:28 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, May 7 (IANS) The principal of a Jharkhand school has been suspended for ordering that 13 young girls be stripped after another student complained that her pocket money had gone missing. Mohammad Sarfaruddin, principal of the Modidih Girls High school at the Modidih colliery in Dhanbad, about 270 km from the state capital here, was suspended Tuesday after the school committee submitted its report.
“The report has found the principal guilty in the stripping case. The principal has been suspended and a show-cause notice has been served to three teachers involved in the incident,” said Indradeo, spokesperson of the governing committee.
He said the committee had spoken to all the 13 girls involved.
The incident occurred on April 26 when a Class 8 student reported that she had lost her pocket money of Rs 55. Her classmates launched a hunt, and the issue was brought to Sarfaruddin’s notice when the money was not found.
The principal’s response was to ask the women teachers to physically search the girls. They were allegedly asked to gather in a room and remove their shoes and socks, and then their skirts and shirts.
The teachers apparently threatened the girls and asked them not to inform their parents, but the children did. Stunned parents reached the school to proceed to thrash both the principal and vice principal.
A police complaint was filed on various counts against the principal Sarfaruddin, vice principal Rajiv Kumar Singh and three teachers. The school was also closed for two days when the students boycotted classes.
- More from Bengal schools: Two girls asked to disrobe - Jul 14, 2012
- Bengal student kills herself after being punished - Jul 27, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- West Bengal teacher strips girl in class - Jun 28, 2012
- Pakistani teacher blackens faces of girl students - Oct 30, 2011
- Girl student strip searched in Bengal, two teachers held - Aug 04, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Vishva-Bharati row: Court issues contempt notice against PM, others - Jul 13, 2012
- Chinese teen ends life over violence - Jul 11, 2012
- Class 10 student rapped for uploading classmate's obscene photo - Nov 18, 2011
- Teacher suspended for making students slap each other - Dec 19, 2011
- Court orders Rs.10 lakh relief for raped minor girl - Nov 06, 2011
- Bengal school vice-principal held for caning students - Sep 06, 2012
- Indian diplomat's daughter sues New York City - May 08, 2012
- Principal suspended for molesting girl students - Mar 05, 2011