Strike cripples AIR, Doordarshan operations in KeralaNovember 23rd, 2010 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 23 (IANS) Operations of Doordarshan and All India Radio (AIR) were crippled in Kerala Tuesday in response to a 48-hour nationwide strike called by the association of employees of the public broadcaster.
The National Federation of Akashvani and Doordarshan Employees Associations wants the withdrawal of the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Act, 1990. This act placed all Doordarshan and AIR staff, earlier part of the information and broadcasting ministry, under Prasar Bharati.
“Of the nearly 400 plus employees here, more than 200, who are in the engineering division, are on strike. It is unlikely if we will be able to telecast anything today,” chief of news of Doordarshan Kendra (Thiruvananthapuram) K. Ampady told IANS.
AIR’s station director K.A. Muraleedharan too echoed his views.
“Except in Alappuzha, no other stations of ours will be functioning. At Alappuzha, there are two employees of the engineering section who are not taking part in the strike,” he said.
- AIR, DD operations hit as employees strike work (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Strike hits AIR, Doordarshan operations in Orissa - Nov 23, 2010
- AIR, Doordarshan operations hit as employees strike - Nov 23, 2010
- Doordarshan, AIR employees call off three-day strike - Dec 11, 2010
- Doordarshan, Akashvani employees defer proposed agitation - Dec 11, 2010
- Rajya Sabha debates Prasar Bharati bill - Dec 08, 2011
- Prasar Bharati approves expansion of DD's DTH platform - Sep 06, 2011
- Doordarshan DTH platform expansion to benefit viewers - Jun 09, 2011
- Post-Lalli suspension, Prasar Bharati looks to interim set-up - Dec 22, 2010
- Take pledge to look after health, says Manmohan - Apr 07, 2012
- Doordarshan's hiring errors to be rectified: Ambika Soni - Sep 14, 2010
- SC asks Centre to file CBI report on suspended Prasar Bharati CEO - Apr 01, 2011
- Shunglu Committee report: BJP demands action against guilty in CWG - Feb 01, 2011
- Amendments to Prasar Bharati Act, interim set-up likely (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Cabinet clears position of Prasar Bharati employees - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: air staff, akashvani, all india radio, broadcasting corporation, cripples, doordarshan, india act, kendra, national federation, prasar bharati, public broadcaster, radio air, station director, thiruvananthapuram