Strict action against troublemakers on Valentine Day: Delhi policeFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 3 (IANS) Strict action would be taken against troublemakers on the Valentine Day, Delhi Police Commissioner Y.S. Dadwal said Wednesday, and assured that an attack like the one in a Mangalore pub will not be allowed here.“Incidents like (the one in) Mangalore will not allowed and tolerated in the national capital. And we assure strict action against those who create drama on the Valentine Day,” Dadwal told reporters here.
“We are taking enough security measures and people should not worry,” he added.
He was referring to fears of a “moral brigade” taking law and order in their hands in the name of preserving Indian culture and attack young couples celebrating the Valentine Day.
Dadwal said strict action would be taken against those policemen who registered a case against a couple for kissing in public.
“We are not moral police. We are now ensuring that no such case is registered in future unless people are found in extremely obscene positions in public,” he said.
“We are here to protect women and not to create harassment. And we are not looking for opportunities to harass anyone,” he added.
Dadwal said they were planning to rename the Crime Against Women (CAW) Cell in Delhi Police to Special Unit for Women and Children.
- Moral brigades to keep off this Valentine's Day - Feb 12, 2012
- Moral brigades not to play spoilsport on Valentine's Day (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Moral police finally bow to Valentine's Day - Feb 14, 2012
- Eight arrested for moral policing in Karnataka - Jul 29, 2012
- Change of heart? No V-Day rampage, promise Hindu outfits - Feb 12, 2011
- Nine cases registered at Games Village: Delhi Police - Oct 16, 2010
- Yeddyurappa warns against moral policing on V-Day - Feb 02, 2010
- Anti-obscene calls cell a hit, says Delhi police chief - Apr 23, 2010
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Delhi Police's anti-obscene calls cell a hit - Jan 02, 2010
- Mutalik gets black face for opposing Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2010
- Agra runs on Valentine's Day, Sena posts 'love guards' - Feb 14, 2011
- Anti-stalker helpline for women starts in Delhi - May 15, 2010
- Tight security in Bangalore for peaceful New Year's Eve - Dec 31, 2011
- Hello! Delhi Police women's helpline gets lewd, abusive calls - Feb 13, 2012