Strict action against CPI-M office attackers: ministerMarch 10th, 2008 - 11:00 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil Monday warned of criminal proceedings against those who had attacked the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) headquarters here. Patil did not name anyone but told the Rajya Sabha: “Anybody who has committed a crime will be proceeded against. You can rest assured this will be done.”
The home minister was responding to the concerns expressed by the members of the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and its supporting ally the Left Front in an impromptu debate in the house on the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) attack on the CPI-M headquarters here Sunday.
He, however, rejected BJP’s demand for taking action in the Left-ruled Kerala, where it claimed the CPI-M men were attacking the members of the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
But Patil assured them that he would speak to the Kerala government and urge it to restore peace in the state.
Political clashes have claimed the lives of two CPI-M and five RSS workers in Kannur district.
Patil also summoned Delhi Police Commissioner Y.S. Dhadwal and suggested a complete and thorough investigation into Sunday’s attack.
On the violence in Kerala, the home minister said while the central government would hold talks with the state, it was not possible for it to start an inquiry into the incidents.
“It is not possible for the government of India to start an inquiry. Then I will be doing it for other states also,” he said, adding that the federal structure has to be respected.
- Being targeted to tarnish party, says Kerala CPI-M leader - May 18, 2012
- The killing fields of Kerala - Jun 01, 2012
- Action sought against another CPI-M leader - Jun 26, 2012
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- CPI-M demands case, probe against Congress MP - Jun 30, 2012
- Kerala assembly stalled, opposition demands IUML member's arrest - Jun 12, 2012
- CPI-M's easy win in Tripura bypoll - Jun 15, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- CPI-M fumes at denial of site in Agartala for rally - Jan 28, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- CPI-M getting jittery over Kerala murder probe: Congress - May 21, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- Union Govt warns of criminal action against CPI (M) office attackers - Mar 10, 2008
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala - May 05, 2012