Storm may hit Orissa ports alertedJune 15th, 2011 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 15 (IANS) Ports in Orissa ports were alerted Wednesday after indications that a storm may hit the coast, an official said.
A wind storm formed had Tuesday over northwest Bay of Bengal and it intensified into a well-marked low pressure area, a senior official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre said, adding that as a result, sea conditionss and fishermen have been instructed not to venture out.
The Gopalpur, Puri, Paradeep and Chandbali ports have been asked hoist the Local Cautionary Signal Number-three, he said.
Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely to occur in some places over the coastal belt of the state during next 48 hours.
Besides, strong surface winds with a speed of 50-65 kilometers are likely to prevail along and off the state’s coast, the official said.
- Storm warning hoisted at Orissa ports - Sep 22, 2011
- Depression over Bay of Bengal, fishermen alerted - Oct 19, 2011
- Storm warning signal hoisted at Orissa ports - May 17, 2010
- Cyclone weakens, heavy rains likely in Orissa - Nov 08, 2010
- Deep depression crosses West Bengal coast (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Orissa sounds cyclone alert - May 25, 2009
- Cyclone Bijli alert along Orissa coast - Apr 16, 2009
- Orissa alerts coastal districts as cyclone 'Bijli' approaches - Apr 16, 2009
- Two Orissa ports on alert over cyclone 'Jal' - Nov 06, 2010
- Orissa fishermen alerted over cyclone 'Jal' - Nov 07, 2010
- Andhra on alert as cyclone 'Thane' threatens coast (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Cyclone threat along Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu coasts - Dec 27, 2011
- Coastal Andhra braces for cyclone 'Thane' (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Orissa lowers alert as cyclone crosses Myanmar coast - Oct 23, 2010
- Orissa fishermen alerted over cyclone Laila - May 19, 2010