Stolen police vehicle recovered, four cops suspendedJuly 5th, 2008 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 5 (IANS) A police patrol jeep was recovered hours after it was stolen by a youngster, even as the Uttar Pradesh police suspended four of its officers for negligence. “We have also initiated action for their termination from service,” Inspector General (Lucknow zone) A.K. Jain told a press meet late Friday.
Acting swiftly, the police traced the Chetak Patrol Gypsy barely a couple of hours after the ‘theft’ Friday and arrested two people.
“The youth who took away the vehicle was identified as Vijay Kumar and he was in an inebriated state when nabbed. Another occupant, Suresh, was also arrested,” police officer A.K. Shukla of Vikas Nagar told IANS.
Shukla was also given a cash reward of Rs.2,500 by senior officials for his swift action.
The vehicle was stolen from near the Gol Market when the police team was conducting a routine check. The engine of the vehicle was not turned off and taking advantage of this the person fled with it, said a policeman.
The suspended cops include three female and one male officers. “The patrol vehicle belonged to the Women’s Helpline and at the time of incident, sub-inspector Shashikala Yadav, constables Munnidevi and Ompati and constable driver Brahmdev were using it,” inspector D.K. Bind said.
While Vijay is a fourth class employee at the secretariat, Suresh’s father is also posted in the same capacity at a government office, added Bind.
- Police vehicle pinched under cops' nose - Jul 04, 2008
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- Two cops held, more suspended after Ghaziabad sting operation - Apr 23, 2010
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Vigilance inquiry against four policemen - Mar 30, 2011
- Suspected custody death: Four cops suspended - Nov 04, 2011
- Lucknow ex-medical officer gets bail in jail death case - Aug 29, 2011
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Man commits suicide after killing ailing wife - Dec 24, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI registers cases against two officials - Aug 04, 2011
- Thief caught after jumping traffic signal in Delhi - May 28, 2012
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Court nod for seizing Rajasthan cop's properties - Aug 20, 2011
- Case against police station: Five cops suspended - Jun 17, 2011
- Uma Bharti to stage first sit-in as BJP leader Saturday - Jun 17, 2011