Stiff sanctions for Coentrao and VilanovaAugust 30th, 2012 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Aug 30 (IANS) The Disciplinary Committee of the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has handed out heavy sanctions to FC Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova and Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao.
Coentrao has been suspended for four matches for insults aimed at referee Perez Lasa during Real Madrid’s 1-2 defeat to Getafe at the weekend, reports Xinhua.
The Portuguese international was standing next to the dugout when he supposedly called Lasa a “Hijo de Puta”, which can be roughly translated as “son of a prostitute”, quite a common insult in Spain.
Vilanova, meanwhile was handed a two game ban after he was sent off for dissent by referee Muniz Fernandez during Barca’s 2-1 win away to Osasuna. Vilanova has denied any insults and Barcelona have announced the club will appeal the decision.
- Hope my two-game ban sets precedent: Vilanova - Sep 02, 2012
- Real Madrid need Supercup win to boost morale - Aug 28, 2012
- Questions to answer as Barca entertain Valencia - Sep 01, 2012
- Fabregas denies problems with new Barca coach - Sep 05, 2012
- Barca start on long road to Wembley - Sep 18, 2012
- Questions to answer as Barcelona entertain Valencia - Sep 01, 2012
- Loss to Osasuna impacts Barcelona's title chances - Feb 12, 2012
- Successful operation for Barcelona assistant coach Vilanova - Nov 23, 2011
- Real Madrid defeat 10-man Barca to win Spanish Supercup - Aug 30, 2012
- Atletico Madrid to host Barca-Bilbao Copa del Rey final - Feb 25, 2012
- Guardiola prepares for last league game as Barca coach - May 11, 2012
- Real Madrid extend La Liga lead - Nov 21, 2011
- Messi strikes thrice in Barcelona's 8-0 rout of Osasuna - Sep 18, 2011
- Barcelona take on Real Madrid in crucial 'El Classico' - Apr 20, 2012
- Barca trail one point behind Real after crushing victory - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: barca, disciplinary committee, dissent, dugout, football federation, game ban, hijo de puta, insult, insults, lasa, portuguese, prostitute, real madrid, referee, rfef, sanctions, spanish football, tito, vilanova, xinhua