Stick to Gujarat please, Nitish tells ModiJune 11th, 2012 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 11 (IANS) Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Monday politely told his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi to mind his own business and not to comment about Bihar.
After Modi said at a public meeting in Rajkot that Bihar was way behind other states chiefly because of caste politics, Nitish Kumar pulled up the Bharatiya Janata Party leader.
Nitish Kumar advised Modi to think more about his own state instead of worrying about Bihar’s backwardness.
“Bihar is on the move despite natural calamities, diseases and other problems,” he said.
Modi had reportedly said that Bihar was at one point of time in history a political and spiritual leader of the country.
But it had slipped into socio-economical backwardness ever since caste leaders took the centre-stage in Bihar, he had said.
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Now, a survey on status of Bihar's upper castes - May 06, 2011
- Nitish close to Modi, says Lalu - May 06, 2012
- RJD hits out at Nitish for Modi handshake - May 05, 2012
- Few takers for Sushil Modi's claim that Nitish PM material - Sep 03, 2012
- Leave BJP, Lalu tells Nitish - Aug 16, 2012
- RSS backs Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate - Jun 20, 2012
- Bihar minister dares Nitish to sack him - Jun 20, 2012
- Nobody has right to give fatwa on secularism: BJP - Jun 20, 2012
- Narendra Modi congratulates Nitish - Nov 24, 2010
- Bihar's ruling JD-U is against Modi for PM's post - Sep 18, 2011
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Angry Nitish returns flood relief money to Gujarat - Jun 19, 2010
- My remarks on Modi misreported: Sushma - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: backwardness, bharatiya janata party, bihar, caste, centre stage, chief minister, counterpart, diseases, gujarat, modi, natural calamities, nitish kumar, own business, party leader, patna, rajkot, spiritual leader, time in history