STF deployed in Rajasthan villageFebruary 17th, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Bharatpur, Feb 17 (IANS) Authorities Thursday deployed the Special Task Force (STF) in a village in Bharatpur district, a day after homes of Dalit families were stoned in a clash between two communities.Two communities were locked in a land dispute in Chandpura village for years. After a goat strayed into the farm of another community member Wednesday, violence erupted.
“Members of one community stoned the houses of Dalit families for two hours in which a dozen people sustained injuries,” a police officer said.
Many Dalit families have fled from the village over the past two days, informed sources said. The stone pelting happened in the presence of some police and civil officers, the sources alleged.
“STF personnel have been deputed in the village. The situation is still tense but under control,” the officer said.
- After attacks, Dalits flee two Rajasthan villages - Feb 19, 2011
- Day after clash, tension in Bharatpur continues - Sep 15, 2011
- Four injured as villagers clash with police - Feb 20, 2012
- Three dead as police fire on mob in Tamil Nadu - Sep 11, 2011
- CBI quizzes two Rajasthan legislators on Bharatpur riots - Aug 04, 2012
- Official, six policemen injured in Rajasthan communal clash - Feb 26, 2012
- Policemen removed for negligence in Rajasthan clash - Sep 23, 2011
- Jayalalithaa orders inquiry into police firing - Sep 12, 2011
- Dalit killed in clashes between protesters, police - Dec 30, 2011
- Six injured as villagers clash with police - Mar 05, 2012
- Rajasthan town remains tense after clash, curfew on - Aug 17, 2012
- Goat breeding: the new currency in the desert - Mar 03, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi visits Rajasthan's violence-hit areas - Oct 09, 2011
- Two women killed, many injured in firing in Bharatpur - Jul 01, 2012
- 35 injured in Rajasthan clash - Jan 15, 2012