States affected by Maoism to hire choppersAugust 22nd, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) The home ministry has given in-principle approval to hiring of one helicopter each by the states affected by Maoist violence for providing air support to anti-Maoist operations, the Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State of Home Affairs (MHA) Jitendra Singh said that the sanction has been given under the Security Related Expenditure (SRE) Scheme.
“The home ministry has in-principle approved hiring of one helicopter each by the left wing extremist (LWE) affected states for providing air support to anti-Naxal operations, subject to the prior approval of the MHA,” he said.
Singh said that Maharashtra has already hired one helicopter from M/s Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited for anti-Naxal operations.
- Maoist-affected states can hire private choppers - Aug 23, 2011
- 13 new armed police units for Maoist areas - Aug 01, 2011
- Government to pump in Rs 6 bn to fight Maoists - Jan 13, 2011
- Indian Air Force to fire on Naxals, if attacked - Aug 12, 2010
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper services in Meghalaya - Jul 25, 2012
- Integrated action plan to be implemented in Naxal affected areas - Dec 16, 2010
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper service in Meghalaya - Jul 26, 2012
- Anti Naxal operation gets teeth with deployment of more forces - Jan 02, 2010
- Orissa deploys chopper in anti-Maoist operation - Aug 08, 2011
- Set up unified command in four Maoist hit states: Chidambaram - Jul 14, 2010
- BJP demands revamp of Pawan Hans services - May 05, 2011
- Decline in Maoist violence, claims government - Dec 23, 2011
- States asked to revisit anti-Maoist strategy (Evening Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- 'IAF can fire in self-defence during anti-Maoist operations' - Aug 12, 2010