Star Alliance Common IT Platform attracts more inventory migrationsJanuary 8th, 2009 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 8 (IANS) The Star Alliance Common IT Platform (CITP) has taken a significant step forward with the successful migration of additional member carriers to the new inventory platform, it was announced Thursday.Austrian, Adria Airways and Croatia Airlines have all switched their inventory, pricing, flight schedules, seat planning and passenger re-accommodation applications to the new inventory management module of the Amadeus Altéa solution, which forms part of the CITP, an Amadeus statement said.
With these migrations the airlines are able to improve the yield potential of their network, it added.
“The new inventory system provides data which can be used by, and integrated with the latest revenue management techniques,” said Hans Jorgensen, Amadeus vice president for strategic airline and partner programmes.
“This unprecedented flexibility allows an airline to respond to market conditions more effectively, by changing their business policies involving seating, class usage or schedules quickly, and thereby improving yield,” Jorgensen added.
The recent migrations also facilitate integration between the alliance member carriers, allowing them to align and manage their capacity more efficiently, the statement pointed out.
“These migrations mark another major milestone for the Star Alliance Common IT Platform as we can improve synergies across multiple Star Alliance members”, said Aman Khan, Star Alliance vice president for IT.
In the phased cutover processes, all inventory control and flight schedules for the airlines were smoothly migrated and distributed to systems worldwide, the statement said.
“Collaboration between the member carriers and Amadeus was crucial in ensuring the successful completion of the projects,” the statement added.
- Air India logged on to SITA passenger service system - Mar 29, 2011
- Air India set to join Star Alliance by July 31 - Jun 06, 2011
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
- Star Alliance to decide Air India's induction date Sunday (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- New conditions by Star Alliance unacceptable: Ravi - Aug 10, 2011
- Star Alliance defers Air India's membership - Aug 01, 2011
- Delta Airlines buys stake in Aeromexico - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Talks progressing Air India's induction into Star Alliance' - Jul 18, 2011
- Erstwhile Indian Airlines to lose remaining legacy to Air India - Jan 28, 2011
- Air India to join Star Alliance by July - May 20, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines makes alternate booking arrangements - Mar 09, 2012
- Indian Airlines is history as 'IC' code formally merges with 'AI' - Feb 26, 2011
- Air India sets up panel to look into cabin restructuring - Nov 22, 2011
- Air India to join Star Alliance by March 2011 - May 15, 2010
- Air India ties up with Slovenian carrier - Jun 14, 2011