Stalin, 40,000 protesting DMK activists detainedAugust 1st, 2011 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 1 (IANS) DMK leader M.K. Stalin and around 40,000 of his party cadres were Monday detained while staging protests in various parts of Tamil Nadu. The former deputy chief minister was later released, police said.
The activists of the biggest opposition party in the state were detained as they were protesting the land grab cases registered against some party leaders.
The DMK has not been given permission by the AIADMK government to hold the protests. Condemning the refusal of permission, Stalin said here that the previous DMK government had permitted the AIADMK to hold protests.
- Stalin, 40,000 protesting DMK activists detained (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Stalin detained, DMK protests across Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Another former DMK minister arrested - Jan 23, 2012
- DMK boycotts budget over arrest of party leaders (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Tamil Nadu shelves revival of upper house - Jun 07, 2011
- Stalin, son booked for land grab - Dec 01, 2011
- Don't play with people's lives over dam: Stalin to Kerala - Dec 12, 2011
- Protesting DMK leaders arrested in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Karunanidhi, Jayalalithaa lead - May 13, 2011
- Tamil Nadu shelves revival of upper house (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Norms being flouted in Tamil Nadu civic polls: DMK - Oct 17, 2011
- Stalin wins from Kolathur - May 14, 2011
- Stalin complains of uneasiness, undergoes angiogram (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- DMK, Congress to hold seat sharing talks Sunday - Feb 19, 2011
- Stalin may face action for defaming Jayalalithaa: Minister - Dec 04, 2011