Staff payments burden for smaller actors: Anupam KherJuly 25th, 2012 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 25 (IANS) Veteran actor Anupam Kher is not too pleased with the news that all actors will now have to pay their staff from their own pocket. He says it will be easier for superstars who get paid in crores, but it will take a toll on lesser-paid actors.
“I think the producers have only consulted the top actors, who get in crores. For them it is easy to say that we will pay ourselves. For smaller actors who are not superstars, it’s a burden,” the 57-year-old said here.
The Film and Television Producers Guild of India’s decision has emerged after the producers realised that an actor’s personal staff costs are adding up to as much as Rs.50,000 a day, depending on the actor’s popularity and demand.
Kher believes A-listers can accomodate such costs by raising their fee, but wonders what would happen to the lesser-paid actors.
“Anywhere in the world, the staff is paid by the producers. Even if they (the superstars) say to the producers that instead of Rs.5 crore, we will take Rs.5.5 crore, the producers will pay them. That will include the staff payments,” said Kher.
He hopes the Cine and TV Artistes’ Association (CINTAA) takes up this issue with the Producers’ Guild.
“For top brass actors who get in crores, it’s easy to say that they will pay. But I would request producers to rethink,” he said.
The 57-year-old also has a suggestion to make for the benefit of the lesser-paid actors.
He said: “They (producers) should put a slab in place. So people getting a certain amount will be paid (for their staff) by the producer, and people getting more than that will pay (the staff fee) themselves.”
- Actors to pay staff from own pockets, producers happy - Jul 24, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines posts Q1 losses of Rs.651 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- Akshay talks business, says make your own films - Apr 15, 2012
- Staff payments would lessen producers' burden: Mukesh Bhatt - Jul 27, 2012
- Airtel pays Rs.1,177.5 crore licence, spectrum charges - Aug 24, 2011
- Esha Deol Files Official Complaint Against RGV For Non-Payment Of Dues - Aug 26, 2010
- Dilip Kumar to donate Rs.15 lakh for CINTAA Tower - May 02, 2011
- 'Ishqiya 2' will be cult: Arshad Warsi (Movie Snippets) - Jan 05, 2012
- Delhi bus fares may be hiked - Jan 03, 2012
- Bombay High Court issues order to seal Sanjay Dutt's property - Dec 28, 2010
- My name is being used for publicity: Anupam Kher - Jul 20, 2011
- Handful of hits, big duds jolt Bollywood (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 17, 2010
- Who Are The Most Profitable Bollywood Actors Of 2010? - Dec 28, 2010
- Box-office business - a bleak streak for Tamil filmdom (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- My kids are also my competitors: Shah Rukh Khan - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: actors, anupam kher, benefit, cine, crores, film and television, India, listers, mumbai, personal staff, popularity, producers guild, rs 50, slab, staff costs, suggestion, superstars, television producers, top brass, veteran actor