Stabbing kills six in Japan capital (Lead)June 8th, 2008 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, June 8 (Xinhua) Six people died and 12 sustained injuries Sunday after a man struck passersby with a small truck and stabbed them with a knife in Tokyo’s Akihabara area, police said. The 18 victims — 15 men and three women — were all taken to hospital after the stabbing attack, and six died while undergoing emergency treatment.
Among the dead were five men and one woman.
Police arrested a 25-year old man identified as Tomohiro Kato, a resident of Shizuoka prefecture.
“I came to Akihabara to kill people,” Kato was quoted as telling the police.
He said that as he was tired of the world, he would kill whoever was around there.
Akihabara is Tokyo’s well-known electronics quarters, which attract visitors from around the world.
- Trucker on rampage kills three, leaves 14 injured - Jun 08, 2008
- Seven dead, 38 hurt in Japan accident - Apr 30, 2012
- Seven killed in China attack - Jul 31, 2011
- Chinese man stabs six, commits suicide - Apr 19, 2011
- Tokyo killing spree warned on mobile-phone bulletin board - Jun 09, 2008
- Tour bus accident northwest of Tokyo kills 7, injures 39 - Apr 30, 2012
- Tokyo's `oldest' man dead for 30 years - Jul 30, 2010
- Eight mountaineers die in Japan - May 05, 2012
- 6.4 magnitude quake jolts Japan (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Four killed in China stabbing, arson attack - Aug 04, 2012
- Japan faces fears of n-radiation, more quakes (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Six killed in Nepal road accident - Aug 20, 2012
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
- 250,000 told to evacuate due to Japan rains - Jul 15, 2012