St Xavier’s to hold admission test in BeijingJune 3rd, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 3 (IANS) Kolkata’s prestigious St Xavier’s College will be conducting an admission test for its various courses in China for the first time. The test will also include an English language assessment and personal interview, the college principal said Friday.
“We have been flooded with requests from Chinese students who are keen to join our college. In fact 20 students have already taken admission in various courses in the last three years. So to accommodate this surge we shall be conducting admission test in Beijing for the first time this year,” said Father Felix Raj.
“Some of the Chinese students do not understand or speak English. So we would be conducting an English language test prior to the admission test. The tests will be held in Beijing on the 8 and 9 June, said Fr. Raj.
In continuance of the college’s collaboration with international premier institutions, this year it has tied up with Universities of Santa Clara in San Francisco for a faculty exchange programme and Georgetown University in Washington for a one year post- graduate diploma course in management.
To honour Nobel laureate Rabindra Nath Tagore on his 150th birth anniversary, the college would be starting a Bengali honours course from the next session. “In honour of Tagore who had been an alumnus of our college, we will be starting Bengali (Hons) course from 2011-12,” said Raj.
Raj also said that the institution has plans to start new post-graduate courses for which the existing residential hostels would be shifted. “We will be building new hostels for girls and boys outside the campus. The existing hostels will be shifted which will give us 36,000 sq feet of land on which we plan to develop our post graduate departments,” he said.
Meanwhile, the application forms for the under-graduate courses of the college will be available from June 4 to 13, he said.
The alumni association of the college is also working towards opening of its chapter in London. It already has chapters in Dubai, Bangkok and Singapore.
- Common admission test for B-schools now - Dec 05, 2011
- DU's second cut-off list brings some hope to students - Jun 21, 2011
- Delhi University dons a disabled-friendly avatar - Jul 10, 2011
- Tagore anthology in Polish released - Apr 10, 2011
- 100,000 Chinese graduates become self-employed - Jun 26, 2011
- DU's second cut-off list offers little hope to students (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Delhi University begins sale of admission forms - Jun 04, 2012
- IGNOU online course on sustainable science - Jun 19, 2012
- SC notice on vacant post-graduate medical seats - Jun 21, 2012
- Revered but not read, is Tagore reserve of the purist? - May 10, 2011
- IGNOU opens admissions to courses on Gandhi - Jun 25, 2012
- Apex court declines order on national medical entrance test - Dec 16, 2011
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- SC permits online counselling for undergraduate medical students (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Delhi students look to Chandigarh for B.Com courses - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: admission test, birth anniversary, chinese students, college principal, english language assessment, english language test, faculty exchange, father felix, georgetown university, girls and boys, graduate departments, graduate diploma course, honours course, nobel laureate, personal interview, post graduate courses, post graduate diploma, s college, st xavier, tagore