Sri Lankan foreign minister meets MukherjeeJune 17th, 2008 - 8:40 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Rohitha Bogollagama met his Indian counterpart Pranab Mukherjee here Monday to discuss issues of bilateral interest. Bogollagama arrived Sunday night to invite Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to attend the 14th South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) summit in Sri Lanka in early August.
Bogollagama met Mukherjee at the Hyderabad House. Mukherjee hosted a lunch for him.
The two were expected review bilateral ties and discuss the situation in Sri Lanka where fighting rages between the military and the Tamil Tigers.
The minister will call on the prime minister Monday afternoon before leaving India in the evening.
- Exercise restraint against Indian fishermen, Sri Lanka urged - May 16, 2011
- Manmohan, Rajapaksa discuss Tamil situation, bilateral ties (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Manmohan meets Rajapaksa, presses for fast-tracking Tamil solution (Second Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- India, Sri Lanka agree on JWG meeting to resolve fishermen issue - Nov 11, 2011
- Sri Lankan Foreign Minister meets Pranab Mukherjee - Jun 17, 2008
- PM leaves for SAARC summit, to push for free trade - Nov 09, 2011
- Manmohan, Rajapaksa to meet in Maldives, Tamil issue on agenda - Nov 09, 2011
- India convey Sri Lanka its willingness to open consulate in Jafna - Mar 08, 2010
- 'Sri Lanka's ties with China no threat to India' - Dec 29, 2011
- India, Sri Lanka discuss resettlement of Tamils - Sep 23, 2009
- Sri Lanka, Singapore sign trade agreement - Feb 16, 2012
- Krishna meets Sri Lankan Tamil, Muslim leaders - Jan 16, 2012
- India supports Sri Lankan reconciliation, to stay engaged - Jun 29, 2012
- Manmohan, Rajapaksa discuss Tamil refugees, devolution (Second Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Jayalalithaa to discuss Sri Lanka with PM (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011