Spying case: Diplomat allowed to visit heritage sitesApril 26th, 2012 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) A Delhi court Thursday allowed Madhuri Gupta, a suspended Indian diplomat and alleged spy of Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence, to visit Ajanta and Ellora caves in Maharashtra and others heritage sites.
Additional Session Judge Pawan Kumar Jain allowed Gupta, 53, who was given bail in January, to go on a seven-day trip from June 15 to June 21 with her family members.
Gupta requested the court to allow her to visit some heritage sites, including Maharashtra’s Ajanta and Ellora caves and Elephanta caves.
The court framed charge against her Jan 7 under various sections of the Official Secrets Act. She was granted bail Jan 10.
The court while granting her bail had directed her not to leave Delhi without its permission and not to try and influence witnesses.
Gupta, who served as a second secretary at the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, was arrested by Delhi Police in April 2010, on charges of passing on information to the Pakistani intelligence agency.
- Spying case: Ex-diplomat Madhuri Gupta granted bail (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Ex-diplomat Madhuri Gupta's trial for spying from March 22 - Jan 07, 2012
- Spying case: Court notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Spying case: Court notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta - May 08, 2012
- Wildlife smuggler Sansar Chand gets bail - May 31, 2012
- Diplomat spy's judicial custody extended - Jul 10, 2010
- Court rejects Madhuri Gupta's bail plea (Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Seepage damages paintings in Ellora caves - Jul 28, 2010
- Buddhist spiritual head launches green march - Dec 10, 2011
- Apex court breather for Madhur Bhandarkar (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- SC provides relief to Madhur Bhandarkar - Apr 09, 2012
- Delhi court extends diplomat Madhuri Gupta's judicial custody - May 29, 2010
- Ramadoss, eight others get bail in graft case - Aug 04, 2012
- Night in 10x15 ft cell, simple breakfast for Kanimozhi in Tihar - May 21, 2011
- Madhuri Gupta's judicial custody extended - May 15, 2010
Tags: ajanta and ellora, ajanta and ellora caves, alleged spy, day trip, delhi court, delhi police, elephanta caves, family members, gupta, indian diplomat, indian high commission, intelligence agency, inter services, jain, jan 7, june 21, madhuri, maharashtra, New Delhi, official secrets