Spurs’ Bale likely to be out for three weeksMarch 2nd, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 2 (IANS) Tottneham Hotspurs football star Gareth Bale has torn a hamstring and is likely to be out for three weeks which means he will miss Spurs’ match against Manchester United at White Hart Lane Sunday.
Bale has been instrumental in taking Tottenham to the third position in the English Premier League.
Bale suffered the injury while training with Wales ahead of the testimonial match for Gary Speed and could miss up to three weeks with the Champions League chasing north Londoners.
Bale’s injury would add to manager Harry Redknapp’s headache. Tottenham lost 2-5 to Arsenal in the league last week, and another defeat could send the alarm bells ringing at White Hart Lane with Arsenal and Chelsea just seven points behind them.
Bale has continued to impress this season, scoring 10 league goals and has raised interest from a number of Europe’s elite clubs, including Barcelona.
- Defoe extends contract with Tottenham till 2015 - Aug 31, 2012
- Tottenham could sell Gareth Bale - Apr 10, 2011
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Arsenal thrash Spurs to reclaim EPL fourth spot - Feb 26, 2012
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Terry's last-gasp block helps Chelsea to draw with Spurs - Dec 23, 2011
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Guardiola, Capello, Redknapp on official Russia shortlist - Jul 10, 2012
- Carroll may start against France in Euro 2012 - May 30, 2012
- Chelsea ready to bid 40 m pound for Tottenham's Bale - Apr 26, 2011
- Tottenham slaps 50 million pound price-tag on Modric to ward of potential suitors - Mar 06, 2011
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Van der Vaart set to return against Norwich - Dec 25, 2011
- Redknapp puts 80 million pound price-tag on Tottenham star Bale - Apr 05, 2011
- Bale may take on A C Milan in crunch game for Tottenham: Redknapp - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: alarm bells, arsenal, champions league, elite clubs, english premier league, football star, gareth bale, gary speed, harry redknapp, hotspurs, league goals, london march, londoners, manchester united, match, seven points, spurs, third position, tottenham, white hart lane