Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead)September 3rd, 2012 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad/New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Spurned by the family of a girl he wanted to marry, a 23-year-old man Monday shot her dead along with three others and then killed himself, police said.
Ravi began the killing spree in Sanjay Enclave in west Delhi, his first victim being Renu, a relative who was vocally opposed to his marrying her younger sister and teenager Baby.
Police said that Renu was the wife of Ravi’s cousin Naveen, a cab driver, who had gone to Madhya Pradesh.
“Initial inquiry revealed that there was illicit relationship between Renu and Ravi. He used to visit her residence,” said a police officer.
Renu was shot dead on the first floor of her rented house allegedly by Ravi who had stayed there Sunday night.
When Renu’s landlady, Sheila, tried to come to her rescue, she too was gunned down, police said.
The twin murders took place around 9.10 a.m.
Sheila’s son Dinesh, a property dealer, told police that he rushed from his nearby office after hearing the gun shots and saw Ravi running out of his house with two firearms in his hands.
“Dinesh tried to catch Ravi but he threatened to shoot him and fled in a car,” said the officer.
“At the time of the incident, a domestic help was in the house but she became so scared that she could not tell us anything,” said the officer.
Renu suffered two bullet injuries while Sheila was hit by three bullets, police said.
From Delhi, Ravi then reached Ishapur village in Ghaziabad district at the edge of Delhi where he shot dead the girl Baby and her father, Harendra, police said.
After the second double murder, Ravi entered the first floor of the house where he locked himself inside a room and killed himself, police said.
After hearing the gun shots, residents alerted police. Ravi was found dead in a pool of blood.
Ghaziabad Superintendent of Police Jagdish Sharma said: “Ravi wanted to marry Baby but the family and her elder sister Renu did not like the boy.”
“Angry that he had been turned down, he first killed Renu. When her house owner intervened, she was also killed.”
“After killing them, Ravi reached Ishapur and killed Harendra and Baby before killing himself,” the officer said.
- Spurned lover kills four, self - Sep 03, 2012
- MBA student shoots cousin dead, kills himself - Apr 03, 2011
- Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Delhi Police constable commits suicide in Gurgaon - Jul 15, 2012
- Angered over no sons, man kills wife, daughter in UP - Aug 14, 2012
- Extortion angle being probed in Woodland AGM murder case - Jul 23, 2012
- Woodland manager gunned down outside Ghaziabad home - Jul 20, 2012
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Woman bank employee arrested for killing colleague - Jul 17, 2010
- No breakthrough in Woodland manager's murder case - Jul 21, 2012
- Farmer, two sons held for killing daughter - Nov 29, 2011
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Woman teams up with lover to kill husband - Dec 22, 2010
- Youth, girl found dead in Ghaziabad - May 31, 2011
- Ex-army man guns down Delhi doctor, held (Second Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
Tags: cab driver, domestic help, double murder, elder sister, enclave, firearms, first victim, gun shots, illicit relationship, initial inquiry, jagdish sharma, killing spree, landlady, murders, nearby office, police officer, pool of blood, sanjay, sheila, west delhi