Spurious liquor kills three in BiharJuly 11th, 2011 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 11 (IANS) At least three people were killed and two hospitalised after consuming spurious liquor in Bihar’s Bhojpur district, police said Monday.
“Three people died late Sunday night and two were admitted to a government hospital in critical condition. All of them are from Vaina village,” a police officer said.
The men purchased the alcohol from a shop selling country liquor in their village. They complained of stomach pain after drinking and started vomiting.
“I have ordered the arrest of the shopkeeper,” Bhojpur Superintendent of Police M.R. Naik said.
- Spurious liquor kills four in Bihar, three held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Spurious liquor kills four in Bihar - Apr 20, 2012
- Spurious liquor claims five lives in Bihar - Sep 22, 2010
- Ten die in Bihar after drinking moonshine - Nov 06, 2009
- Moonshine kills 63 in Bengal village - Dec 15, 2011
- Death toll from illicit alcohol in eastern India reaches 146 - Dec 15, 2011
- Seven die after eating poisonous food in Bihar - May 14, 2012
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 - Dec 15, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 148 (Second Intro Roundup, correcting figure in headline) - Dec 16, 2011
- Illicit liquor kills four in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2011
- 13 held for selling illicit liquor in Bihar - Feb 20, 2011
- Bihar food poisoning kills nine (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Hooch kills 29 in Odisha, 10 held (Fourth Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- At least 60 die after drinking illicit alcohol in eastern India - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: alcohol, bhojpur, country liquor, critical condition, district police, government hospital, hospitalised, least three people, naik, patna, police officer, shopkeeper, spurious liquor, stomach pain, superintendent