Spurious drugs racket busted in HaryanaJuly 15th, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 15 (IANS) A racket of manufacturing fake drugs of leading pharmaceutical firms has been busted in Haryana’s Faridabad and spurious medicines worth lakhs of rupees have been seized, an official said Friday
Food and Drugs Administration Commissioner Rakesh Gupta got a tip-off that spurious drugs of noted companies like Glaxo and Alcum were being manufactured in the city, adjoining Delhi, a department spokesman said.
A special team of the department, along with crime branch officials, raided the premises in Faridabad’s Sector 6 and recovered huge cache of spurious drugs worth lakhs of rupees, the spokesman added.
The owner of the factory, Daya Shankar Mishra, a resident of Sector 19, Faridabad, had already been arrested by Delhi Police in a case of forgery.
In another raid earlier this week, department officials booked Rakesh Chand, proprietor of Lincoln Pharmaceutical factory, situated at Saha-Kesri road in Ambala district, for manufacturing spurious drugs.
Officials recovered nearly 400,000 spurious antibiotic tablets during the raid.
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Two arrested for selling fake medicines - Aug 26, 2011
- Hooch kills 29 in Odisha, 10 held (Fourth Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Odisha moonshine toll is 30 (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Who says cheap Indian generic medicines are fake? Not WHO - Sep 14, 2012
- Spurious medicine racket busted, two held - Dec 29, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.21 lakh seized in Punjab - Oct 27, 2010
- Cooper sheets stolen from factory - Dec 06, 2010
- Hooch kills 26 in Odisha, probe ordered (Third Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Hooch kills 29 in Odisha, 10 held (Night Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- AACT Cracks Down North India's Piracy Hubs - Oct 23, 2010
- After selling two crore tablets, Haryana chemist on the run - Sep 12, 2012
- Haryana raids hookah bars - Oct 27, 2011
- Odisha hooch toll is 32, excise minister resigns (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Odisha hooch toll 30, government blames medicines - Feb 09, 2012
Tags: administration commissioner, alcum, branch officials, chandigarh, crime branch, delhi police, department officials, department spokesman, drugs administration, fake drugs, faridabad, forgery, glaxo, pharmaceutical factory, pharmaceutical firms, rakesh gupta, rupees, shankar, spurious drugs, worth lakhs