Spread awareness on health schemes: DikshitJune 30th, 2012 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Saturday that the authorities should spread awareness about government health schemes and asked poor people to take advantage of such medical programmes.
“Now people run to hospitals even for small injuries. However, the main problem is that not everyone is following the trend. There is a large section of society who thinks that hospitals are not affordable because they are not aware of schemes for the poor,” Dikshit said at the inauguration of a private hospital in west Delhi.
The chief minister asked Delhi Health Minister A.K Walia to start a new awareness campaign on spreading the message for such public health initiatives.
“There is a scheme called Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojna (RSBY) for people falling below poverty line it is just that people need to know about the schemes,” Dikshit added.
The centrally-sponsored RSBY provides health insurance coverage for Below Poverty Line (BPL)families.
- Government health insurance to cover beedi workers - Mar 15, 2012
- NHRC notice to Chhattisgarh on rampant uterus-removal surgeries - Jul 25, 2012
- Bihar assembly committee to probe 'health scam' - Aug 09, 2012
- Himachal to provide free medicines to poor - Nov 17, 2010
- Max Bupa bids for state health insurance in three states - Oct 18, 2011
- Over 14.5 million covered under social security programme - Nov 29, 2010
- Government mulling health insurance for domestic workers - Jul 27, 2010
- Sheila Dikshit launches 'Kerosene Free Delhi' scheme - Aug 21, 2012
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Cooking gas connections for 350,000 families in Delhi: Dikshit - Jun 20, 2012
- Delhi to become kerosene-free city - Aug 20, 2012
- Paswan demands CBI probe into uterus scam - Aug 26, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh villagers unaware of 'Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna' - Jul 30, 2010
- Social audit highlights flaws in Uttar Pradesh power scheme - Jun 23, 2011
- Subodh Kant Sahai assumes charge as Minister of Food Processing Industries - May 29, 2009
Tags: authorities, awareness campaign, chief minister, government health, health insurance, health insurance coverage, health minister, health schemes, hospitals, inauguration, insurance, New Delhi, poverty line, private hospital, public health initiatives, sheila dikshit, spread awareness, spreading the message, walia, west delhi