Sports car driver killed in crash (Second Lead)February 19th, 2012 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) A young realtor driving a Lamborghini was killed when his sports car hit a cyclist and crashed into a bus stop railing in south Delhi early Sunday, police said. The cyclist was injured.
Anukool Rishi, a resident of Sainik Farms neighbourhood, hit the railing around 5.30 a.m. near Panchsheel Enclave.
“Anukool Rishi in his Lamborghini car was trying to overtake a truck at Josip Broz Tito Marg in Panchsheel Enclave,” said a police officer.
“It is too early to say whether the driver was under the influence of alcohol,” said the official.
Police gave different ages for Rishi. While the investigating officer of the case put it at 27, the station house officer of the area put it at 28.
Cyclist Kishan, 45, received head injuries. “The cyclist is from the nearby Khanpur village area,” the official said.
Police suspect Rishi was speeding and lost control of the car at the time of the incident. He was killed on the spot when the car hit the railing of a bus stop on the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor.
Rishi’s father is also a realtor.
–Indo-Asia News Service
- 1 dead in sports car crash in Delhi (lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- 1 dead, in sports car crash in Delhi - Feb 19, 2012
- Cyclist injured in Delhi car crash stable - Feb 20, 2012
- Lamborghini crash: Injured man could be paralysed for life (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Lamborghini crash: Injured cyclist paralysed (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi - Feb 28, 2012
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Woman, three held for husband's killing - Feb 11, 2012
- Man held for raping minor - Mar 02, 2011
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Driving at high speed, man killed in Delhi accident - Apr 13, 2012
- Gaddafi's wife in talks to buy Croatian resort - Sep 08, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: asia news, bus rapid transit, bus stop, car driver, gsh, head injuries, house officer, indo asia, josip broz tito, kishan, lamborghini, lamborghini car, marg, neighbourhood, police officer, railing, sainik farms, south delhi, sports car, station house